Well...stepmommyhood LOL. I don't think its possible to adore two kids as much as I do these two. Seriously. There are times that I just cry and tell DM how grateful I am to be a part of their lives.
We had the kiddos this past weekend. We typically eat at home when we have them. It is cheaper and healthier and we get to spend time together with no distractions. Wyatt wanted to go out to eat and we didn't have a dinner plan so we went with it. (It was Jason's Deli so nothing too unhealthy). We sat in a booth right next to a little baby. Adorable. Taz and I were back to back with the baby and she would turn around and look and then turn to me and sign baby. Over and over and over again. It was the cutest ever. When the mom and I am assuming grandmom got up to leave Emmerson just put her chin on the booth and watched in awe. Gosh adorableness!!! Nothing more was said about it until later after the kids were in bed:
Me: Seeing Emmerson look at that little baby was the sweetest thing ever. I know when/if we ever have a baby she is going to be the best older sister ever. Makes me anxious for that time.
DM: I was wondering if it would have that effect.
Me: (*thinking oh really you were wondering ugh* LOL). Well I DON'T want one now and not for a LONG time. I love the idea of a baby, but I also realize how much work they are and I am not in any rush for that. I love the kids we have now!
Now if DM were a typical guy he probably would have been worried about that conversation the whole time we were sitting there. Probably thinking about how we would have to 'talk' later, but I realize I am luckier than that. DM was probably thinking the exact same thing. That she was so sweet looking at the baby and we want to leave it just like that. Her being sweet to other babies!!!
Sooooo NO this is not a post about me wanting a baby, it is a post about being very happy and appreciative of where we are right now and enjoying these moments with the kids. LOVE.

0 comments:
Post a Comment