Lately....my life has been consumed by cleaning....YIKES.
Now that wedding plans have been taken care of I need to focus on getting my other half some room in the house so he can move in! This is easier said then done. I own TONS of stuff...just TONS! I have made use of every closet. This has given me a reason to start organizing and throwing away most stuff. I can't even explain to you how many trips to the dumpster DM has made for me. But so far my cleaning has gotten him one hanging shelf in the master bedroom closet and one shelf in the kids bedroom. This doesn't sound like much, but trust me it's a big deal. It makes me feel great. I am making room for him and cleaning out stuff I don't need/use.
My mothers need for hoarding has rubbed off on me some. As I go through things and I am explaining how I can't get rid of it because at some point I might maybe need it. I realize I am ridiculous. DM is patient with me and mostly laughs at my craziness. I am very grateful that he is being understanding and not pressuring me.
It is a pain going through everything and saying goodbye to stuff I have collected (really hoarded), but it is for a great result. It will be such a blessing for us to be together in one house.
I can already tell that poor little Emme is doomed. She is going to be a hoarder. LOL. Right now she has all these little bags and she puts her toys in them and carries all 10 bags around and dumps them out...fills them back up...does it again. When I go through and organize these toys it cracks me up.
Does anyone have tips for cleaning/dumping/organizing? I guess the one thing I have learned is to just dump it (unless it's a pricey or one of a kind item). If later you realize you need it you can go to the store, buy it, and then give it a place to belong!

0 comments:
Post a Comment