SERIOUSLY....why do they make it so difficult to change your name?
Yesterday I hung out at the DPS Drivers License office for FOREVER. Well let me just lay out my day for you.
8:00...at DPS standing in line outside waiting for the doors to open. About 20 people in front of me and that's not bad for there. I get to the lady. Turns out she isn't going to accept my marriage certificate and is making me go to the County Clerk's office to get it registered with them.
So I head to the Court House. I get there and the County Clerk people are saying that lady is dumb and that it means basically nothing for me to register the marriage certificate with them. They do it anyways. (All it means is they record it in Taylor County Records). They give me this certificate deal and send me on my way. Apologizing for the crazy lady at the DPS. I LOVE those ladies.
So I head back to the DPS. The lady ok's the document and now I get a number and get to sit. UGH. I wait and wait. Until she finally announces that the system is down. STATEWIDE! They have no idea how long it will be down so we can either leave or wait. I decide to wait because I am determined to get this accomplished!
Finally at 11:45 I decide I need a break from there and need lunch. I meet DM at the casa and eat and try to regain my sanity. I call the DPS to see if system is back up..sure enough. It is and so I head down there again....sit and wait longer. I FINALLY get to see someone at 2:30. Yeah thats right 2:30! I get my name changed and my temporary drivers license and head on my way.
Then onto Social Security office. Turns out they are the nicest people ever as well. The gentleman got me all sorted out pain free! I felt on top of the world!
So now I am officially according to all 'paperwork' a Nickson! :))))))
The happiness continues!!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment